GSF - Flexible Shaft Glass Skylight
Skylights should be inspected at least once per year and any build-up of leaves and rubbish be removed from around the skylight. Depending on the severity of the problem, this may be needed to be performed more often. The Diffuser should be cleaned as needed using a wet sponge. The Skyspan skylight is normally cleaned by the elements. At least once per year, wipe over with soap and water and a nonabrasive sponge. Avoid using solvents and thinners. Dust and wipe over to ensure that any build up or caked dust is removed which could prematurely cause corrosion. Repeat as often as needed for each individual location.
5 - 10 Working Days
The Skyspan Flexible Shaft Kit range of skylights is one of the most extensive in Australia. The Skyspan flexible shaft range of skylights is one of the most economical and cost effective ways of Utilizing Nature’s Gift and providing natural light and ventilation to any room.
The Skyspan Flexible Shaft Kit is an extremely easy unit to install. The flexible shaft eliminates the need for a costly Plasterboard light shaft construction, saving both time and money.
The highly reflective flexible shaft carries natural light directly to your room providing an atmosphere of freshness and vitality.
The Skyspan Flexible Shaft Kit is completed by a white aluminium ceiling trim and a selection of diffusers.
With the ventilation option, unpleasant odours and air is released into the outside atmosphere providing a cost effective option for natural ventilation.
Australian Made for Australian Conditions
- Fits all Australian roof types including Corrugated, all Metaldecks, Tile Roofs and Concrete Roofs.
- Australian made for Australian conditions. It comes with a one-piece flashing for complete water tightness and peace of mind. The Skyspan Roof Window can be installed at any roof pitch – eliminating the need for unsightly pitch adaptors.
- Option of powdercoating to complement the Colorbond range of colours.
- Flashing manufactured from Zincalume steel for durability and can be custom made in a range of other materials including galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium and copper.
- Performance Laminated Glazing (PLG) is Single Glazed Safety Laminate Glass that resists impact penetration and PVB Interlayer that eliminates 99% of UV. PLG is built for Australian Standard AS1288 and is 12.38mm Glass.
- Comfort Double Glazing (CDG) has all the benefits of Performance Laminated Glazing with added noise reduction and Energy performance. Comfort double glazing is an outer pane of Toughened Safety Glass with a Low-E coating to maximise Light Transmittance and reduces Solar Heat Gain, an Argon Gas filled cavity for better energy performance and an inner Laminated pane for added safety. CDG is built for Australian Standard AS1288.
- Glazing is Clear glass as standard. Grey Tint and White Translucent are available as an option.
Standards and Compliance and Warranty
- Manufactured to comply with the Australian Standard AS4285-2019.
- Complies with AS1288
- Covered by a seven (7) year guarantee for Structural integrity and workmanship.
The Skyspan Flexible Shaft Kit is the ultimate package when it comes to providing natural lighting to your home.